NBOMe-Fast facts for workers
NBOMe has been found in a number of different substances and been the cause of overdoses and deaths recently.
NBOMe is a synthetic drug from the family of drugs called phenethylamines. It has stimulant and hallucinogenic properties
N-Bomb, Solaris, smiles, 25-1
HOW COMMON IS USAGE?
Reliable data on rates of use are not yet available
Most commonly sold in tabs of blotting paper (similar to LSD) or even in pills sold as ecstasy
NBOMe is most commonly used by placing blotting paper tabs under the tongue (or inside the cheek) where it is absorbed through the mucous membranes. There have also been instances of NBOMe being used nasally, injected as a solution and smoked as a powder but these methods do not seem common in the local context. Recent reports suggest NBOMe is being sold in pill form as ecstasy.
Stimulant and hallucinogenic effects- Mental and physical stimulation, euphoria, increased heart rate, pupil dilation, sensory and perception distortion, confusion, insomnia, paranoia Overdose: Seizures and (at high doses) death has occurred. Only very small quantaties of NBOMe are needed for active effects meaning small dose increases can cause large changes in effects.
Overdose: Seizures and (at high doses) death has occurred. Only very small quantities of NBOMe are needed for active effects meaning small dose increases can cause large changes in effects.
SOME COMMON HARM REDUCTION STRATEGIES
Encourage a young person to: -
- understand the risks involved in mixing other drugs and alcohol, including prescription medication.
- informed about what they are using. Use websites like pillreports and erwoid to research what you are planning on taking.
- avoiding taking multiple tabs, especially if they are unsure if they are taking real LSD or not.
- plan their “recovery time” after their trip
- See more Universal Harm Reduction Strategies
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Try YoDAA’s more general info about synthetic drugs here.