Have I got a problem?
There isn't always a clear line between feeling your use is under control and feeling like you've got a problem. Asking yourself some key questions can help you explore whether drugs or alcohol are becoming a problem for you.
For most people who develop a problem, it creeps up on them without them realising. Having said that, there are some key signs that your drug use is becoming a problem.
You might not have a massive issue and need to go somewhere like rehab, but there might be some problems emerging that you can get under control before they become more serious.
- Do you feel like you don’t have as much control over your use as you would like?
- Is your drug use is affecting work or school?
- Are you staying away from friends who don’t use drugs?
- Are there some issues with your parents because of your use?
- Are you having to do things you wouldn’t normally choose to do so just so that you can use?
- Are you experiencing harms because of your drug use?
- Are you putting drug use ahead of other activities?
- Has your drug use stopped being fun?